I posted the other day that we had a twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet Guinness’ Brewmaster, Mr. Fergal Murray, this past Monday. (twice because we saw him again that night at the Perfect Pour, heh heh…) It was an unforgettable experience and we learned A LOT about Guinness and the man behind the stout! We learned…
1. Fergal is the freakin’ coolest name ever.
2. (Quickly) how to properly enjoy a Guinness. I cannot divulge in writing because it is a rather fun and amusing experience that must be shared while drinking the beer!
3. That Fergal has the most pimp job in the world: It consists of traveling the world talking about Guinness and how and why everyone should love it! He gets to judge beer contests and watch soccer in the middle of the afternoon.
4. That girls don’t have an excuse not to drink Guinness. It’s relatively low in alcohol, lacks in high calories, and has very little carbonation (doesn’t make you gassy/burpy/farty). It tastes like coffee so if a girl enjoys coffee, she can’t say about Guinness, “eewwwwah. it doesn’t taste goodah.” BOOM.
5. And to wrap it up, Jamie and I are going to Ireland later this year, and if any other lads or lassies want to come along, yer mere than welcome te! (that’s right, spelled-out Irish accent)